Comments for Change to Bimini top

Click here to add your own comments

Aug 26, 2021
How to alter a bimini top
by: Tammy

Hi Eric,
I would have emailed if you had included, but to give you an idea, it involves adding a forward bow where there is none now and turning your forward bow into a center bow and then of course the appropriate bimini top parts.
The proper name for what you have now is convertible top and is also called navy or fisherman's top.

I will need to see a photo of your boat. Your biggest obstacle as getting that extra bow made. You won’t find anyone who can make one and send it in to you. It’s large and cost prohibitive.
Do you have a local shop who can duplicate the shape of your existing bows? You will want the same shape, but longer legs.
Anyway if you would like further info on this, I’ll need your email and photos.

Best Regards,

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Bimini Top Parts Question and Answer Discussion.

Return to Change to Bimini top.

Be Sure to Check Out All of Our EZ-Xtend Boat Zipper Products!!

EZ-Xtend Boat Zippers
EZ-Xtend Boat Track
EZ-Xtend Drip Shields

Please come visit me at Cover Girl Marine Canvas & Upholstery to see some of our awesome work!