Our new store is open!
As promised here are your tips for caring for the eisenglass.
While you're here, we hope you will learn more about EZ-Xtend Boat Zippers, the great little zipper invention that helps you add one inch instantly and relax the the fit of your shrinking boat enclosure.
EZ-Xtend Boat Zipper in Action
Now on to eisenglass tips
1. When you aren’t using the boat, keep your canvas snapped in place, it slows down shrinkage and helps keep the vinyl wrinkle free.
2. Clear vinyl can easily burn when lying against metal bimini top legs. Prevent this by using bimini stand offs or bimini sox’s.
3. Rolling up clear vinyl enclosure panels is hard on the panels, but leaving them rolled up for extended periods of time can permanently damage the vinyl. This can happen when water gets trapped in the rolls and clouds the vinyl. Most of the time the clouding disappears, but not always.
4. Before rolling up and securing your enclosure panel try using a towel wrapped dry pool noodle to roll the plastic up on. This helps keep the vinyl from creasing and sagging in warm weather.
5. Store your boat enclosure panels clean and dry, with towels or sheets between them. If you can’t store them flat, try rolling them up onto 3 towel wrapped dry pool noodles, this keeps them from collapsing and creasing. Creases in the vinyl can actually crack when an attempt is made to straighten them out during cold weather.
6. Indentations caused by storage will usually come out of the plastic over time.
7. Burns, UV degradation and scratches cannot be removed from clear vinyl. Light scratches can be improved, but never fully removed.
8. Can’t stand looking through that old vinyl any more, consider having your clear vinyl replaced if the snaps, fabric and zippers are still in decent condition. It’s a less expensive solution than replacing the enclosure.
9. When cleaning clear vinyl, use products designed for the job. Plexus, Imar, 210 and Davies Klear to Sea are good choices. Steer clear of Coleman fuel, Rain-X and other products not designed for the job. Good light scratch removers are Novus, Imar and Meguires.
10. Be very careful when cleaning the boat with chemicals. Splashing can cause damage to clear vinyls.
The best thing you can do for your vinyl is keep it clean, dry and treated with high quality products designed for use on flexible clear PVC.
Be Sure to Check Out All Our EZ-Xtend Boat Zippers Products!!